This International Women’s Day falls on March 8 and the theme is #BreakTheBias.
In a collection of interviews to mark the occasion, we will be shining a light on some of the brilliant women at the heart of The Independent.
They’ll speak about their experiences, influences and hopes for the future, and reveal the advice which has helped them to break the bias. We hope that it helps others do the same.
- Annabel Nugent, Culture Reporter
- Helen Coffey, Travel Editor
- Amy Smirk, Distribution and Library
- Nadine White, Race Correspondent
- Mary Andrews, Content Partnerships
- Alexandra Tirado Oropeza, Editor, Independent en Español
- Emma Elford, Commercial Content Director, Independent Ignite
- Blair Tapper, Senior VP, US
- Furvah Shah, Junior Journalist Apprentice
- Victoria Richards, Voices Editor, UK
- Stephanie White, CS Manager
- Sara Recalcati, Head of Affiliates and e-Commerce
- Roisin O’Connor, Music Correspondent
- Katie Davies, US Editor
- Caroline Gammell, Assistant Editor
- Jo Holdaway, Chief Data and Marketing Officer
- Sachi Bid, Marketing Manager, US
- Sarah Annan, Digital Agency Sales Manager