Comscore figures have been released for August, showing that US readers are increasingly making The Independent their news brand of choice.
- The Independent is continuing its remarkable trajectory of expansion. It is still the fastest growing of all top 10 news brands in the US year-on-year (YoY), with an additional 7.2m readers joining its loyal audience during that time.
- The Independent is the fastest growing UK news brand in the US YoY, up +45%.
- The Independent’s readership in the US in now 23 million people.
- It remains the ninth largest digital news brand in the US.
- The Independent remains the largest pureplay title.
- Indy100 also had impressive YoY growth – up +98% to 3.6m.
Meanwhile, in the UK, The Independent retains its place as the largest quality digital news brand* – the fourth month in a row that it has hit the top spot.
Source: Comscore August 2023. Custom designed lists of newspaper news brands. Ipsos Iris August 2024. Brand Group – Digital Quality News Brands*, all adults age: 15+, UK *Note: Custom defined list by Independent